Rideshare and Autonomous Vehicles
EducationJohn earned his Juris Doctor from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2019. He graduated from The University of Iowa in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a Minor in Political Science.
AdmissionsJohn was admitted to the Illinois Bar in November 2019.
John J. Miceli
Lipe Lyons Wins Summary Judgment in Eight-Figure CaseNovember 5, 2021
Shareholder Jeffrey Lipe, Partner Amanda Zink, and Associate John Miceli were granted summary judgment on behalf of an international manufacturer of drive shafts and components for heavy machinery. In a consolidated action involving five plaintiffs who made claims of vicarious liability, negligence, wrongful death, and loss of consortium, Plaintiffs alleged that Lipe Lyons’ client was liable for their injuries including wrongful death and traumatic brain injury following a motor vehicle accident. Plaintiffs claimed that a purchase order between Lipe Lyons’ client and its third-party contractor, created an agency relationship making defendant responsible for its third party contractors’ actions.
Following extensive briefs and oral arguments, the court ruled in favor of Lipe Lyons’ client. The Court granted Summary judgment finding that Lipe Lyons’ client did not have and did not exercise any right to control its third party contractors’ actions at the time of the motor vehicle accident.
John Miceli's First Year Anniversary with Lipe LyonsFebruary 8, 2021
Lipe Lyons is proud to celebrate associate, John Miceli’s one year anniversary with the firm. Mr. Miceli is a litigation associate at Lipe Lyons who focuses his practice on the defense of commercial, construction, premises liability, and transportation claims. Just a few of Mr. Miceli’s many successes in the past year are highlighted below:
- In a wrongful death and construction negligence action, Mr. Miceli represented a general contractor and successfully obtained a voluntary dismissal on behalf of the client, preventing the need for further complex litigation.
- Mr. Miceli obtained the voluntary dismissal of premises liability action on behalf of nationwide retail center.
- Mr. Miceli represented multiple nationwide gaming entities in an action alleging malicious prosecution and obtained a dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims for want of prosecution.
- In a premises liability action, Mr. Miceli represented a nationwide retail store and negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of the client.
- Mr. Miceli obtained the voluntary dismissal of negligence action on behalf of nationwide retailer center.
More information on Mr. Miceli’s practice and his accomplishments please see his bio under the Attorneys section.