EducationMr. Eckert earned his Juris Doctor from DePaul University College of Law in 2016, where he was a staff writer for the DePaul Journal of Healthcare Law and on the Dean's List. He graduated from Michigan State University in 2012 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and HIstory.
AdmissionsRyan was admitted to the Illinois bar in 2016. Ryan was also admitted to the Northern District of Illinois in 2017.
Ryan P. Eckert
Ryan Eckert is a litigation associate of Lipe Lyons Murphy Nahrstadt & Pontikis Ltd. who focuses his practice on the defense of premises liability, construction liability, transportation liability, and product liability claims. Mr. Eckert takes pride in getting to know every client and understanding the merits of their case. He has successfully represented clients in bench trials, arbitration hearings, evidentiary hearings, and hearings on various dispositive motions. Mr. Eckert is active in both state and federal court. In personal injury cases, Mr. Eckert primarily defends clients against catastrophic injury and wrongful death arising out of construction, transportation, and product-related accidents. He has extensive experience in disputes arising out of construction workplace injuries. Additionally, he has represented clients in disputes involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, civil conspiracy, and fraud claims.
Prior to joining Lipe Lyons, Mr. Eckert spent multiple years as a litigation attorney for a Chicago-based firm defending insurance carriers and their insureds in personal injury in negligence, premises liability, and complex construction litigation. Mr. Eckert received his J.D. from DePaul University College of Law in 2016, with a Certificate in Health Law. While in law school Mr.Eckert was an editor of the DePaul Journal of Health Care Law and active in the Mary and Michael Jaharis Health Law Institute. He was a recipient of the DePaul College of Law Presidential Scholarship and the Mary and Michael Jaharis Endowed Scholarship.
Mr. Eckert is an active member in a number of professional and civic organizations, including:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Society of Primerus Law Firms
Representative successes include:
- Successfully argued for summary judgement for a general contractor when a subcontractor’s employee was injured on a construction site;
- Successfully argued for dismissal of an architectural firm after a construction employee was injured onsite;
- Successfully argued for summary judgement in a premises liability case involving an injury to a minor;
- Multiple not-guilty decisions for clients after arbitration hearings in various disputes;
- Numerous settlements of multi-million dollar cases at mediation, including settlement of a construction-site injury in which the initial demand was over $5 million.
When not zealously defending his clients, Mr. Eckert enjoys traveling with his wife, exploring the world-class museums of Chicago, and cheering on his Michigan State Spartans. He was a dual-major at Michigan State University and received a B.A. Political Science and History.