Associate Alejandra Barcenas serves as panelist for event hosted by the Latino Law Students Association at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, in conjunction with the Castillo Scholars Mentorship Program
On February 18, 2020, Ms. Barcenas was a featured panelist for a networking event hosted by the Latino Law Students Association (LLSA) at the Loyola University Chicago School of Law, in conjunction with the Castillo Scholars Mentorship Program. The event offered attendees the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussions with the seven featured panelists from different fields, including Ms. Barcenas, regarding a variety of important topics such as the impact of COVID-19 on the practice of law and especially litigation and trials, working remotely, diversity in the legal profession, and each panelist’s experience working in their field and area of practice.
Lipe Lyons is proud to celebrate associate, John Miceli’s one year anniversary with the firm. Mr. Miceli is a litigation associate at Lipe Lyons who focuses his practice on the defense of commercial, construction, premises liability, and transportation claims. Just a few of Mr. Miceli’s many successes in the past year are highlighted below:
- In a wrongful death and construction negligence action, Mr. Miceli represented a general contractor and successfully obtained a voluntary dismissal on behalf of the client, preventing the need for further complex litigation.
- Mr. Miceli obtained the voluntary dismissal of premises liability action on behalf of nationwide retail center.
- Mr. Miceli represented multiple nationwide gaming entities in an action alleging malicious prosecution and obtained a dismissal of Plaintiff’s claims for want of prosecution.
- In a premises liability action, Mr. Miceli represented a nationwide retail store and negotiated a favorable settlement on behalf of the client.
- Mr. Miceli obtained the voluntary dismissal of negligence action on behalf of nationwide retailer center.
More information on Mr. Miceli’s practice and his accomplishments please see his bio under the Attorneys section.