Plaintiff’s Firm vs Former Attorney Employee - Lipe Lyons negotiates favorable settlement for plaintiff firm against former attorney employee
Shareholders Thomas Pontikis and Jordan Tank and Associate Alejandra Barcenas successfully represented a plaintiff’s firm in a lawsuit against an attorney who left the firm and solicited dozens of clients in violation of the Illinois ARDC’s rules on advertising and solicitation. Lipe Lyons prosecuted breach of fiduciary duty and tortious interference claims and sought an injunction and monetary damages.
The trial judge granted summary judgment on the tortious interference claim based on correspondence sent by the defendant to the plaintiff firm’s clients. The parties then mediated the case and reached a global resolution by negotiating percentage allocations between the plaintiff firm and the defendant for each of the cases he improperly solicited.
Lipe Lyons is delighted to celebrate John Dark’s third anniversary with the firm. Mr. Dark is a litigation associate who focuses his practice on the defense of product liability, construction, transportation, negligence, and premise liability claims. Mr. Dark has quickly found success in his practice and has secured favorable results on behalf of his clients since starting with the firm. A few of Mr. Dark’s successes are provided below. You can learn more about Mr. Dark’s practice and successes by visiting his bio under the Attorneys section of our website.
- Won summary judgment on a negligence case in the Southern District of Indiana involving an amputation injury and multi-million dollar demand.
- Successfully argued against permanency damages related to nerve injuries resulting in a favorable settlement on behalf of client in a premises liability action.
- Aggressively pursued evidence of plaintiff’s false identity revealing pervasive issues and shortcomings in plaintiff’s claims resulting in nominal settlement where damages exceeded three quarters of a million dollars.
Lipe Lyons represented a Texas steel and metal manufacturer in a case involving serious injuries sustained by a plaintiff ironworker while he was working at a wind farm construction project in Illinois. Amanda Zink and Alejandra Barcenas represented the target Defendant during a private mediation and successfully negotiated a favorable settlement for their client, preventing the need for further complex litigation. Based on the discovery exchanged in the case, it was anticipated that plaintiff would seek damages at trial in excess of $2.4 million. The case ultimately settled with Lipe Lyons’ client paying only $575,000.
Lipe Lyons is delighted to celebrate Riley M. Gallagher’s second anniversary with the firm. Mr. Gallagher is a litigation associate who focuses his practice on the defense of product liability, construction, transportation, negligence, and premise liability claims. Mr. Gallagher has quickly found success in his practice and has secured favorable results on behalf of his clients since starting with the firm. A few of Mr. Gallagher’s successes are provided below. You can learn more about Mr. Gallagher’s practice and successes by visiting his bio under the Attorneys section of our website.
- Successfully defended and resolved a complex product liability claim involving a multi-million dollar demand
- Obtained voluntary dismissals in cases rooted in premises liability and general negligence
- Resolved a trucking accident lawsuit for nominal amount
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of well-known retail store involved in litigation stemming from slip and fall
Mr. Gallagher is also an active participant in both the Chicago and Illinois State Bar Associations and he serves as a 1L mentor for students attending law school at his alma mater Northern Illinois University College of Law.