General LiabilityLipe Lyons maintains a robust general liability practice. The firm’s experienced trial lawyers regularly represent companies in high-exposure liability cases involving claims for personal injuries, property damage, punitive damages and other economic losses. Attorneys with the firm recently obtained a defense verdict following a two month trial in a case arising out of a propane tank explosion that left the plaintiff with second and third degree burns over 97% of his body. Additional examples of cases we have handled in this area include:
- Defending numerous clients, including TruGreen ChemLawn and Terminix, in wrongful death and personal injury litigation arising from vehicular traffic accidents.
- Representing numerous entertainment venues and companies, including LiveNation, House of Blues and the Sears Centre, in personal injury litigation.
- Handling numerous premises liability matters on behalf of hotels, casinos, restaurants and retailers such as Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, Majestic Star Casino, Inc., Trump Indiana, Inc., Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., KIMCO Corporation, Eurest Services, Inc., Levy Restaurants, Inc. and Outback Steakhouse.
- Defending multiple landlords in cases alleging negligent security and failure to prevent criminal attacks.
- Representing building owners, product manufacturers, installers of automatic fire protection systems and security companies in wrongful death, personal injury and property damage litigation arising from fires and explosions.
The firm’s general liability practice is led by Jeffrey H. Lipe, who was selected by his peers for inclusion in Illinois Leading Lawyers for commercial litigation, personal injury defense and product liability defense.
For a detailed description of representative matters we have handled in this area, please click here.
For more information about the firm’s general liability practice, please contact Mr. Lipe at 312.448.6232 or email@example.com.